The best pet friendly rental properties in London
Looking for the rental apartment that is suitable for pets can take time and at some points, be tirelessly exhausting too. The average time it takes to find a suitable rental property usually takes couple of months, for those of us who are searching for pet-friendly rentals, this process can take much longer.
Despite being a city of pet lovers, it can be difficult to find somewhere to rent in London that will also welcome your furry friend. Thankfully we’re seeing many London developments becoming pet friendly, with some even offering services to help you look after your pet.
So we’ll uncover all you need to know to find the pawfect place to live in our latest guide to renting with a dog in London.
Sailmakers – Canary Wharf, E14
The Sailmakers development offers high-quality rental homes just a stone’s throw from Canary Wharf. Based in the Sailmakers development is Ostro Tower, which sets a new benchmark in Canary Wharf living, offering a wealth of luxurious amenities and facilities like no other.
Residents of Sailmakers will benefit from a residents lounge, business lounge, gym, cinema and club room. As well as boasting top of the range amenities, Sailmakers also offers onsite services including help moving in, laundry, cleaning, personal training and, most importantly, pet sitting!
Ability Place – Canary Wharf, E14
Home to over 70,000 people, Canary Wharf offers great transport links, impressive architecture and first-class shopping, restaurants, eateries and some great cocktail bars. Close to Canary Wharf, Ability Place boasts luxury living and spacious open-plan living with over 600 apartments set over 21 floors, with a mixture of studio, one bedroom, two bedroom and three bedroom. The modern apartments offer incredible views of Canary Wharf and Greenwich and are even pet friendly.
Ability Place offers an array of onsite facilities including a gym, steam room, spa, sauna, jacuzzi, secure parking and a 24-hour concierge service. Nearby to Ability Place are an impressive selection of transport links and local amenities, including numerous bars, restaurants, shops and supermarkets.
Nine Elms Point– Nine Elms, SW11
Situated on the South Bank, Nine Elms has recently developed into an incredible residential development and is considered to be Europe’s largest regeneration zone, having created around 25,000 new jobs, improved transport links, restaurants, schools and green public spaces with landscaped gardens.
Nine Elms is rapidly becoming not only one of the most exciting places to live in London, but it is also developing into a creative and technological center. Over the last 30 years, regeneration has been taking place at an impressive rate, to bring Nine Elms into the forefront of the residential hierarchy.
Riverlight – Nine Elms, SW11
Also located in the South Bank district, Riverlight is an exciting new residential development in the heart of Nine Elms. Riverlight offers stylish riverside living in vibrant Nine Elms. This development boasts landscaped gardens, water features, cafes and restaurants as well as exclusive residents’ facilities including a gym, pool, spa, club lounge, cinema and secure underground parking.
Battersea Power Station – Nine Elms, SW11
The neighborhood has been carefully curated to be a thriving quarter right on the River Thames. The vibrant Circus West Village already features world-class bars and dog friendly restaurants, interspersed with the finest British and global retail brands. A place where technology giants mingle with local artisans. The addition of Electric Boulevard looks set to create an irresistible shopping and leisure destination. The new Zone 1 Northern Line Extension will be a gateway to the site, keeping Battersea Power Station well connected to the whole of London.
Chelsea Bridge Wharf – Nine Elms, SW11
The apartment complex known as Chelsea Bridge Wharf sits on the south side of the Thames beside Chelsea Bridge. It occupies a plot of land between the river and Sopwith Way, Queenstown Road and the railway. To the east lies Battersea Power Station and to the west Battersea Park. The site has been used, over the years, for a variety of purposes.
Pet Friendly Apartments West London
If you prefer to book our pet-friendly apartments London in West or Central takes a look at the following. Our exceptionally spacious two bedroom apartments in Notting Hill and on Portobello Road. In addition, our brand new Cambridge Gardens Apartments and Oxford Gardens Apartments are some of our best pet-friendly options as private gardens and terraces are included. Last, our London Victoria serviced apartments are equally pet friendly. There’s a communal outdoor space in addition to some private balconies. Furthermore, London’s best-known parks – Hyde Park and Green Park are just a short walk!
- Mayfair House Apartments W1J 7JH
- The Mayfair Townhouse W1J 7BG
- Hyde Park Residence W1K 1NA
- Maddox Street Apartments W1S 2QD
- The Athenaeum Residences W1J 7BJ
- Barons Court Apartments, West Kensington W14 9DX
- The Milestone Apartments, Kensington W8 5DL
- Citadines South Kensington, South Kensington SW7 4PL
- Ladbroke Grove Apartments
- Portobello Road Apartments
- Oxford Gardens Apartments
- Notting Hill Apartments
- Abbotts Chambers Apartments
- London City Apartments
- Astral House Apartments
- Artillery Lane Apartments
- Lovat Lane Apartments
- Abbotts Chambers Apartments
In addition, you can also check following websites to search for pet friendly developments
- Movebubble: Available on desktop and mobile, although we only found the ‘Accept Pets’ option on the app. Movebubble got in touch to tell us how they recognise the importance of making it easy to find dog-friendly places to live. So much so, they have recently updated their mobile app to include a pet-friendly filter making it super easy. As mentioned, we couldn’t find the same filter on the desktop version of the site but love the app and how easy it is to use.
- Petslets.com: Petslets.com offer either a bespoke Relocation Service for people moving to London with their pet or a Viewing Service where anyone can email up to 4 pet-friendly property links they have come across on a portal such as Rightmove, Zoopla etc. Then, Petslets.com will make sure the property will accept the person’s pet(s), view on their behalf and report back within 24 hours. Petslets.com can also offer advice on the property, tips to negotiate and guidance on the contract if needed.
- Spareroom: Available on desktop and mobile app and on both options there is a ‘Pets Considered or Suitable for Pet Owners’ checkbox in the search filters. Spareroom are also on a mission to make pet-friendly rentals the norm and have recently published some research on this. Spareroom have also started a ‘paw-litical’ Think Tank run by pets and their owners to challenge landlords to think differently about letting to pets, and encourage more animal-friendly rentals in the UK. Read the Think Tank report here.
- Openrent: Available on desktop and mobile. Although not an app, the mobile optimised version of the site lets you do anything you can do on the desktop version, on mobile. One of the early adopters of a ‘pets accepted’ filter on the site. Just use the ‘Accept Pets’ checkbox on the advanced filters in your search.
- FindProperly: Available on desktop only. There is a ‘Pets Allowed’ checkbox under ‘Features’ which is only available once you reach your search results.
- Trovit: Available on desktop and mobile. No filters but you can search on the area + pet-friendly. It’s best to avoid the search term ‘pets allowed’ as this returns listings that have ‘no pets allowed’ in them also!
- Zoopla: Available on desktop and mobile. There isn’t a filter, but you can type ‘pet-friendly’ or similar into the keyword section under ‘Advanced Search’ to return results.